Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week 5 Cricut Challenge


Good morning and Happy Sunday to you all again. This weeks challenge was pretty easy for me. A good friend of mines children are celebrating a birthday. The party is monkey themed,so with that I chose to use Cricut's Create A Critter cartridge. We will be attending their birthday party this afternoon, I am sure the kids are going to have a blast monkeying around hehehehe. I put the single page layout in a shadow box that I purchased at Michael's. The frame looked just a little to plain for me, so I decided to bring it to life. I got some scrap vinyl and made just a few stickers for the outside. I love how it turned out. I hope the Birthday kids love it, and their mother too. I might just have to make another one for my 2 little monkeys lol.







 Here is my second project. My good friend Teri Schoeni from Heart2Home made a glue holder for me. I think she got tired of me complaining that my glue always tips over on me when I stand it upside down. So she came up with this great holder for me. When I got it, it was just raw wood. I tried several attempts to decorate it but it just didn't look right to me. Well it would help if I also new what I was doing when decorating wood. So I finally had a light bulb moment and figured it out. once I got it covered with paper, I decided to add a little vinyl touch to it. I love vinyl, can you tell. I used Gypsy Wonderings on my Gypsy. I cut a silhouette of a boy and a girl to represent my kids. I also cut Inspire, well because I like to get inspired when I'm crafting. and the last one is Bliss, because crafting is blissful to me. I just love my new holder. I like that I can use several different types of bottles of glue and stickles. Thank you Teri. You can find a link to her Etsy shop at the bottom of my blog.



Thank you for stopping by and visiting my Blog. Have a wonderful crafty day.

2 comments:

  1. Loved your monkeying around layout. I may have to case it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea to have a glue holder! I wonder if it would work, somehow for a glue gun. I hate the mess they make.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...