Sunday, November 20, 2011

week 6 Cricut Challenge


 Good morning to you on this beautiful Sunday. This week I decided to attempt to make something I saw on the Facebook page of Cricut magazine. They featured the work of Crafting with Katie. She made this beautiful Thanksgiving wall hanging with her Imagine. Well I don't own the Imagine, so I decided to attempt it in vinyl. This vinyl cut is one that you must have patience and time. It took me about 1/2 an hour just to weed it out. The hard work definitely paid of because now my neighbor has a great gift. I did meet up with some crafting friends and we all made this, they all added their own special twist to the hanging. They all came out beautiful.

 The cartridges that she and I used are:
Word Collage Projects cartridge for the collage
Paper doll Dress up for the Tree
CTMH Art Philosophy for the leaves.

 Please visit Cricut Magazine and Crafting with Katie's blog and give them some love.

The next project was a very fun and easy. This year me and my kids are going to make ornaments together. So I decided to try it for the first time. I bought some plain glass bulbs at "M" they were very cheap 6 for $2.50 on sale. I didn't have the specific medium to add glitter for the inside so I decided to try Elmer's spray adhesive. It worked great for the glitter. What you do is spray the inside with a generous amount of adhesive. slosh it around until it is evenly covered and pour out the excess adhesive. Then you pour your glitter inside and shake it all around ,you do the hoky poky and you turn your self around that's what it's all about, lol oops got carried away, sorry I'm having fun. The kids are singing that while I type.  once the glitter covers the entire inside of the bulb, pour out the excess glitter. let it dry.




 I decided to decorate it with vinyl and some bling. I made this with Base Camp for the font and Cricuts A Child's Year for the snow flake.

 I hope you like my projects this week. I would love to read your comments.

I wish you a great Thanksgiving Holiday



Talk to you all soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving wall hanging is beautiful! Grandparents will love the ornaments!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...Merry Christmas sweetie x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...