Sunday, November 6, 2011

Week 4 Cricut Challenge



 Good Morning to you all and happy Sunday.  Last week-end I went to the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo and I was able to get the new Close to my Heart Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. It's such a beautiful cartridge and I'm really glad that I got it.
 So my mother needed a retirement card for a friend of her. So I decide to make the sample card from the AP cart. Very very easy to make. The flowers were a bit tricky to work with but once I did the first one, the second one was easy. I would recommend using hot glue, otherwise you will be sitting there holding the flower together while the liquid glue dries. The only things I changed a bit was, I made it a retirement card instead of a birthday card and I added yellow pebbles from Heart2Home (Teri S.) to add a little dew like effect in the center of the roses. I inked all of the edges with SU Crumb Cake ink.
 I hope my mom's friend likes the card.

On a side note I also made a decal for my husbands tool box in the garage. So I played with some shapes to come up with this decal for him. I'm sure you will all recognize the symbol. lol


 OK so for this decal I used George and Basic shapes for the circles, Makin' the Grade for the slats, and Plantin Schoolbook for the Jeep. I love to make decals, but Cricut doesn't always have the image I want, so I have to kind of make my own. I love doing that because it really makes it a challenge and its fun to play with my Gypsy.

I hope you like this weeks projects, see you soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...