Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cricut Challenge week-1


  Good Morning and Happy Sunday to you all. Sorry this is late today, But we were having a yard sale, trying to clear up some room in our garage.
 This is my first project for my Cricut Challenge. I decided to use the Dude Lite Cartridge for this challenge. My little brother is having a birthday here in a few days and he is really into skateboarding. That is what motivated this use of the Dude Cart. I cut the skater at 3", Extreme @ 3',and the ramp at 2". The skater and the ramp were a real challenge because the lines are so fine and delicate. I had to re-cut those 2 several times until it would cut perfect with different settings.

For the inside I used crocheting cord in black to give it a bit of a break up from the gray. I also added "Happy Birthday" cut from the Beyond Birthday Cart at 2".
 I layered all the images in several colors to give it some dimension.

The card base is from Bazzil paper in Gray texture. I cut it down to 81/2"x 12", I scored it at 51/2" and 11". I also used the left over strip to create a handy money pocket. I also used Stampin Ups Basic Gray Ink pad to ink the edges of the card. I used red-lined tape to adhere the strip to the card. I also used Stampin Ups large oval punch to create an opening for the money.
  I hope  you and mainly Chaz likes my card. Looking forward to week 2 of my challenge. I'm not sure which cart I will feature, but I will let you know as soon as I decide on one.


Thank you for stopping by and have a Crafty Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...